Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In order to find the best resources, follow these basic steps to develop a concise research strategy.
- Create research question -- Has the ethics of whistleblowing changed since the Enron scandal (2001)
- Select the concepts -- ethics, whistleblowing, Enron
- Pick the keywords for the concepts -- ethics, ethical, moral, morals, whistleblowers, whistleblowing, Enron
- Use Boolean operators to combine them (after adjusting for truncation)
line 1 - ethic* or moral or morals (don't want the keyword morale)
line 2 - whistleblow*
line 3 - Enron (or consider searching for items written after 2001)
More specialized databases
- MLA International Bibliography, the premier language and literature database, also with citations in linguistics and folklore.
- JSTOR, a pdf archive of journal articles in various subject areas. Because it is an "archive," there are no current articles.