Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our CataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing on the first pages.
- The database accommodates truncation with the use of the asterisk. An asterisk can be used at the start or end of a word to truncate. Searching for “bat*” returns all words starting with “bat” and searching for “*man” returns all words ending in “man.”
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make the search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the CataLION advanced search
- For instructions about how to use other search features, click this here.
A Word about the Gingrich Library
As you all probably know, the Library is undergoing a renovation. In preparation for that project, the old building has to be emptied. Library staff, the reference collection, and a small circulating collection (the Micro Library) have been moved to the Center for Computing and Mathematics, the CCM. If you need a book that is in the old building, you can place a hold on it, and library staff will retrieve it for you.
Placing a Hold
If you want to place a hold for an item that is on a list, click the Place a Hold link that appears under the item. If you have clicked on an individual item, the Place a Hold link is on the right hand side of the screen.
Log in with your LionLINK credentials.
To complete the process, click Confirm Hold.