Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Edward Hopper, Automat, 1927, oil on canvas, 71.4 x 91.4 cm, Des Moines Art Center, IA, USA
- Searching cataLION is more like Google, with the best matches appearing on the first pages.
- For a simple search use title words, an author's name, or keywords describing your topic.
- "Less is More!" Avoid using "a" "an" & "the"
- cataLION automatically truncates both left and right. Example: typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- Log into your cataLION account to place holds, create lists of books, see what you have checked out and if you owe any fines.
- Use the cataLION advanced search to limit your results to particular types of materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, use cataLION.
You can search by author, title, or subject. Two types of searching are keyword and browsing. Try several types of search. The results will be different.
You can search for an artist (Picasso, Klee, etc.), a type of art (Prehistoric Art, Modern Art, etc.), or a medium (Drawing, Sculpture, etc.).
If you cannot locate what you need in cataLION, try these other catalogs to find materials in other libraries, which you can be obtained through interlibrary loan.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.