Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and AV Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our cataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try some of the other catalogs listed to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing o the first pages.
- The database will do automatic truncation, both left and right, so truncation symbols are not needed. E.g., typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make the search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
Relevant Print Resources
Finding Reference Resources
Reference sources provide solid background information on a topic or provide quick and easy access to sources with factual information. You will want to consult them when you either need good background on a topic (e.g., an encyclopedia article) or to find a quick fact or definition (e.g., dictionary or almanac).
- Cassell's Spanish-English, English-Spanish Dictionary. Rev. ed. [Ref 463.2 C344]
- Diccionario de la Lengua Española. 22nd ed., dictionary of the Real Academia Española, the ultimate authority on the Spanish language.
- Diccionario de Uso del Español. [463 M722d] 2 vols.
- Diccionario del Español de America. 2nd ed. [467.98 M858d2]
- Diccionarios.com : Tus Diccionarios On-line, dictionaries for Spanish and Catalán. Also contains Spanish-English, English-Spanish, French-Spanish, Spanish-French, Spanish-German, German-Spanish, Spanish-Italian and Italian-Spanish dictionaries.
- Enciclopedia Hispánica. [Ref 036 E56B] 18 vols.
- Encyclopedia of Latin American and Caribbean Literature, 1900-2003. [Ref 860.03 E56B 2004]
- Encyclopedia of Latin American Literature. [Ref 860.9 E56]
- Hispanic Writers. 2nd ed. [Ref 860.9 H6732]
- Latin American Writers. [Ref 860.9 L357] 3 vols. & Supplement
- Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre. [Ref 036 N964 1999] 15 vols.
- Oxford Spanish Dictionary. [Ref 463.2 O983 2003]
- Random House Latin-American Spanish Dictionary. [Ref 463.2 G816r]
- University of Chicago Spanish Dictionary. [463.2 U585 2002]
- WordReference.com : Online French, Italian and Spanish Dictionary, also includes Portuguese and a language forum.
, Area Studies
, Computer Science
, Criminology/Crime and Justice
, Digital Media
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Studies
, Family Studies
, Finance & Investing
, First Year Seminars
, International Relations
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Political Science