Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick CataLion Tips
Kiki Smith, Rabbits, 1998, Pace Gallery
- Searching in cataLION is more like Google
- Keyword searching: "Less is More!"
- Avoid the use of "a" an" & "the"
- Logging in gets you more
Search a large library catalog to see what other books (or videos or music) are available on your topic. If you see something you like, use the button to request it through Interlibrary Loan.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
Call Numbers are Your Friend. Call numbers don't just exist to tell you which shelf you can find a book. The letters actually mean something--especially the first two or three. Albright College Library uses The Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system. The notation gives both the unique meaning of the class and its relation to other classes. The notation provides a universal language to identify the class and related classes, regardless of the fact that different words or languages may be used to describe the class.
You can search cataLION by author, title, or subject. Two types of searching are keyword and browsing. Try several types of search. The results will be different.
- Searching cataLION is more like Google, with the best matches appearing on the first pages.
- For a simple search use title words, an author's name, or keywords describing your topic.
- "Less is More!" Avoid using "a" "an" & "the"
- cataLION automatically truncates both left and right. Example: typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- Log into your cataLION account to place holds, create lists of books, see what you have checked out and if you owe any fines.
- Use the cataLION advanced search to limit your results to particular types of materials