Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- START EARLY X 10! Don't put off your papers.
- Know and Understand your topic. Verify with your insturctor that what you have selected is appropriate and doable for the course.
Crafting a Research Question
Subject Specific Encyclopedias
A good encyclopedia can provide beginning researchers with the following:
- an overview of a topic and its various aspects
- the vocabulary associated with the topic
- the names of important people, companies or places,
- a bibliography to lead to other relevant items on the topic, including major studies, books, articles and researchers.
The reference collection contains encylopedias representative of the curriculum. Use the online catalog to locate these subject specific sources.