Teel Hall is the name chosen for the former Evangelical School of Theology building, now part of the Albright campus, according to the recent Board of Trustees decision.
The chapel, which accommodates 50 persons, will be retained for vesper services, holiday dawn communions and other religious programs. As part of the music department it will also be used for choir rehearsals and recitals. The music studio will be moved from the Administration Building to what was formerly Dr. J. Arthur Heck's office.
Also on the main floor will be a receptioin office, three classrooms and a formal social room in connection with the use of the building as a woman's dormitory.
On the upper two floors will be accommodations for upwards of thirty women students and quarters for the head resident and housemother, Mrs. Ella Lesher.
The lower floor will contain one large classroom, a combination laundry-kitchenette, and a recreation room for the residents.
Jean Fletcher, senior student from Womelsdorf, Pa., will be house president as well as president of the Women's Dormitory Organization which unites this dormitory with Selwyn Hall and the White Chapel Hall in student government. Floor counselors will be elected from each floor, according to Priscilla R. Morton, dean of women.
Source: Bulletin of Albright College, June 1954