Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Select Subject Databases
- Artemis Literary Sources - AT THE SIGN IN BOX, TYPE albright - searches across Literature Resource Center, Literature Criticism Online, and the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Gale Literature Criticism - AT THE SIGN IN BOX, TYPE albright - searches Contemporary Literary Criticism, Drama Criticism, Poetry Criticism and Short Story Criticism.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - AT THE SIGN IN BOX, TYPE albright - contains a many reference sources including a literature collection.
- JSTOR is a pdf archive of journal articles in various subject areas. Because it is an "archive," there are no current articles.
- MLA International Bibliography - the premier index for English criticism. Includes foreign language and hard to find resources. All items are citation but links to full text in other sources are available.
A selection of popular Literary Journals:
- Check scholarly, peer-reviewed journals. These databases will lead to articles in scholarly journals and are a good place to start:
- Off-campus users will be asked to enter their LionLink username and password to access the library’s databases. Call 610-921-7211 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- In addition to our subscription databases, Google Scholar has quality sources including full text journal articles in all disciplines.
A simple way to start searching for literary criticism in an electronic database is by entering the author's name or the name of the literary work along with "and" and the term "criticism."
"Dorothy Allison" AND Criticism
"Bastard Out of Carolina" AND Criticism