Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Important Copyright Information
WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
NB: Only the Chrome and Firefox browsers are supported.
Because the Coronavirus has forced many institutions to close or run with reduced staff, turnaround times for interlibrary loan requests may be slower than usual. We might not be able to fill requests as buildings are closed and libraries have no way to pull items from their shelves. Please plan accordingly.
Sign in with your Albright network/Canvas login.
Albright I.L.L. users, please log in below to update your Albright I.L.L. information. You MUST “Opt-In” to receive communications and alerts about the status of your articles and loans.
If you receive an error message please use the BLUE button to set up an account.
First-time Albright I.L.L. users, use your Albright College network username and password to log in and start the registration process.
Click the button below to learn more about the new ILL system:
InterLibrary Loan (Albright I.L.L.)
Albright I.L.L. is a free service open to the Albright College community of current students, faculty and staff who have an Albright College LionLink username/password.
Can't locate an item you need? We can help! Any Albright student, faculty member or staff member with a valid Albright College LionLink account can use our interlibrary loan service to request materials that the Albright College Library does not own or have access to via electronic subscription. Once the request is received, the Gingrich Library borrows that material from an ILL participating library.
Important Points to Consider Before Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
- Start your research early and discuss any problems or special needs with the reference staff at 610-921-7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow adequate time to get your materials. ILLs may take from 2 days to 2 weeks, despite our best efforts to get them as fast as possible.
- Before you request a loan, check cataLION (Albright College's online catalog) (for books and AV materials), the Journal Locator (for links to journal full text titles) or the Find Fulltext icon embedded in most of the library's databases.
- ILL should NOT be used to borrow textbooks or course materials since that is against the US ILL Code and the Pennsylvania ILL Code. We are rarely successful in obtaining dissertations, most academic audiovisual materials, or selected international publications that are not published in English.
- Keep your email account up-to-date and be sure to "Opt-In" to receive alerts and communications about your loans via email.
- When possible, journal articles will be sent to you electronically and do not have to be returned (unless you are notified differently). Books and AV materials must be returned to the Reading campus. Overdue fines for books and AV materials are equivalent to those charged for materials we own. Lost materials are charged at the price set by the lending library, not by Albright.
- Contact ILL at 610-921-7207 or email email@example.com to discuss blocked ILL accounts. Accounts are generally blocked because the patron has items that are overdue, has requested items that were not picked up, or is not eligible to use ILL. The ILL staff will talk with blocked patrons to resolve those (or other) issues that have resulted in accounts being blocked.
If you would like more information on using ILL please refer to the ILL FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional COVID-19 Notes
- The library is now located in the Computing & Mathematics building (CCM). The pickup area for Interlibrary loan (ILL) materials is behind the circulation desk in the main CCM lobby.
- Please return ILL materials to either the book drop outside the CCM or the mail bin in the CCM main lobby marked "Interlibrary Returns Only" located on one of the book carts.
- All electronic ILL materials will be sent to users via an emailed link and password. Please check your Albright campus email. We do not typically send emails to non-Albright email addresses.
- Library hours are posted on the main library homepage.
- Please Request and accept electronic materials as often as possible. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic being combined with library renovations, you will typically receive electronic materials much faster than print materials. We now have delays where students should expect materials to take anywhere from 3 days to 4 weeks to arrive. Please plan accordingly to the best of your ability. As a result of the above we highly recommend satellite campus students primarily request electronic materials.
- Print materials from Albright's collection are mainly accessible if they are already in our Microlibrary collection. Please note that we will process requests for materials we have in our collection if they are located in the stacks, not the CCM.
- If the pandemic becomes severe again, we will return to having materials sit for three days before placing them in the pickup area behind the circulation desk in the CCM.
- If you need assistance with acquiring Interlibrary loan materials, setting up your account or any other ILL issues please contact email@example.com or the ILL Technician Samantha Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org