Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A Word about Google Scholar
You can change the settings to see what is available at Albright,
Off-campus users will be asked to enter their LionLink username and password to access the library’s databases. Call 610-921-7211 or email email@example.com for assistance.
The most popular databases with scholarly sociology information are listed below. Once you find an article you need, click on the Find Fulltext icon to see if we own that particular item. If you cannot find the article you need, request it via interlibrary loan.
- SocINDEX with Full Text contains full text for nearly 400 core sociology research journals dating back to 1908, and 150 priority coverage journals. This database also includes full text for more than 720 books and monographs, and full text for 6,743 conference papers.
- Academic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database with a large social science compnent.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Retrospective indexes articles in English-language periodicals published from 1907-1984. Coverage includes a wide range of sociology and social science topics.
- JSTOR is a pdf archive of journal articles in various subject areas. Because it is an "archive," there are no current articles.
- ScienceDirect ScienceDirect is a leading full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books.
- Sage Online a multidisciplinary database covering the social sciences.