Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In order to find the best resources, follow these basic steps to develop a concise research strategy.
- Create research question -- Has the ethics of whistleblowing changed since the Enron scandal (2001)
- Select the concepts -- ethics, whistleblowing, Enron
- Pick the keywords for the concepts -- ethics, ethical, moral, morals, whistleblowers, whistleblowing, Enron
- Use Boolean operators to combine them (after adjusting for truncation)
line 1 - ethic* or moral or morals (don't want the keyword morale)
line 2 - whistleblow*
line 3 - Enron (or consider searching for items written after 2001)
Academic Search Complete
A multidisciplinary database of more than 8,500 fulltext periodicals with pdf content going back as far as 1887. Includes indexing and abstracting for more than 12,500 periodicals.
ProQuest Global Newstream
Full text of 300+ U.S. and international news sources. Includes coverage of 150+ major U.S. and international newspapers such as The New York Times and the Times of London, plus hundreds of other news sources and news wires. Coverge varies by source.
Special Subject Databases
- JSTOR is a pdf archive of journal articles in various subject areas. Because it is an "archive," there are no current articles.
- LexisNexis is a fulltext database of news stories and legal materials. INcludes country information.
- Readers' Guide Retrospective index the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States and Canada. Coverage includes environmental topics. The retrospective database covers the years 1890-1982 while the former title is for more recent material.
- Sage Online A multidisciplinary database that has good coverage in the social sciences. Many items are available in fulltext.
- SocINDEX with Full Text contains full text for nearly 400 core sociology research journals dating back to 1908, and 150 priority coverage journals. This database also includes full text for more than 720 books and monographs, and full text for 6,743 conference papers.
, Area Studies
, Computer Science
, Criminology/Crime and Justice
, Digital Media
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Studies
, Family Studies
, Finance & Investing
, First Year Seminars
, International Relations
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Political Science