Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The C.R.A.A.P test is a way to evaluate a source based on the criteria listed below:
- How recent is the information?
- How recently has the website been updated?
- Is it current enough for your topic?
- What kind of information is included in the resource?
- Is content of the resource primarily opinion? Is is balanced?
- Does the creator provide references or sources for data or quotations?
- Who is the creator or author and what are his/her credentials?
- Who is the published or sponsor and are they reputable?
- What is the publisher's interest (if any) in this information?
- Are there advertisements on the website?
- Are there citations to the sources of the information?
- Are these sources reputable?
- Are there spelling, grammar or typographical errors?
Purpose/Point of View
- Is this fact or opinion? Is it biased?
- Is the creator/author trying to sell you something?
(from the LOEX Wiki)
Video: Evaluating Sources