Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and Av Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our cataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try these other catalogs to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing o the first pages.
- The database will do automatic truncation, both left and right, so truncation symbols are not needed. E.g., tping in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make teh search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
- Beilsteins Handbuch der Organischen Chemie. 4th ed. [Chem Ref 547 B422h] Multivolume set with supplements and guide.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. 88th ed. [Ref 541.9 H236 v.88] Older eds. in chemistry library
- Dean's Analytical Chemistry Handbook. 2nd ed. [Ref 543 P311d2 2004]
- Eric Weisstein's World of Chemistry, bibliographies and definitions with hypertext.
- Facts on File Dictionary of Chemistry. 3rd ed. [Ref 540.3 F1423 1999]
- Facts on File Dictionary of Organic Chemistry [Ref 547.03 F142D 2004]
- Handbook of Inorganic Chemicals. [Chem Ref 546 P311h 2003]
- Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, summary of the mathematical functions in physical and engineering problems. (On campus use only)
- Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary. 15th ed. [Ref 540.3 C745 Ed.15] Older eds. in chemistry library.
- Hazardous Laboratory Chemicals Disposal Guide. 3rd ed. [Chem Ref 542.1 A733h3 2003] Older ed. in main library.
- International Critical Tables of Numerical Data, Physics, Chemistry and Technology, 7 vols. and index to data on physical, thermodynamic, mechanical and other key properties. (On campus use only)
- Kirk-Othmer Concise Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology. 4th ed. [Chem Ref 660.03 K59c4]
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology. 3rd ed. [660.3 E56] 26 vols. Older ed. in chemistry library.
- Knovel Critical Tables, properties for commonly used chemical compounds. (On campus use only)
- Lange's Handbook of Chemistry. 16th ed. [Ref 660.83 L274 Ed.16 2005] Older eds. in chemistry library.
- Macmillan Encyclopedia of Chemistry [Ref 540.3 M167 1997] 4 vols.
- McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Chemistry. 2nd ed., an e-book availble from netLibrary. (2003)
- The Merck Index : An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs and Biologicals. 14th ed. [Ref 615.103 M555 2006] Kept at reference desk. Older eds. in chemistry library. Software for Ed. 14 in chemistry library.
- NIST Chemistry Web Book, handy compilation of thermochemical, MS, and some IR/UV-Vis data along with literature citations. Synonyms and/or common names may be used in searching.
- NIST Physical Reference Data, includes Elemental Data Index complete with tables.
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook. 7th ed. [Ref 660.28 P465 Ed.7 1997] Older ed. in chemistry library.
- Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials. 10th ed. [Chem Ref 614.8 S272d10] 3 vols. Older ed. in main library.
- Smithsonian Physical Tables, the 9th rev. ed. of common physical and chemical data. (On campus use only)