Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and AV Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our cataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try some of the other catalogs listed to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing o the first pages.
- The database will do automatic truncation, both left and right, so truncation symbols are not needed. E.g., typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make the search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
Relevant Print Resources
Finding Reference Resources
Reference sources provide solid background information on a topic or provide quick and easy access to sources with factual information. You will want to consult them when you either need good background on a topic (e.g., an encyclopedia article) or to find a quick fact or definition (e.g., dictionary or almanac).
- Ancient Greek Authors. [880.9 A541]
- Concise Dictionary of Greek Literature. [Ref 880.3 M292c]
- Greek-English Lexicon. New ed. [Ref 483.2 L712] 2 vols.
- Who's Who in the Greek World. [Ref 920.038 H429w 2000] Also available as an e-book from netLibrary.
- Ancient Roman Writers. [870.9 A541]
- Cassell's Concise Latin-English, English-Latin Dictionary. [Ref 473.2 C344]
- A Dictionary of Latin Words and Phrases. [Ref 473.2 M892d]
- Harper's Latin Dictionary. Rev., enlarged ed. [473.2 A566h 1907]
- Latin Phrases & Quotations. Rev. ed. [Ref 473.2 B821ß]
Greek and Latin
- Ancient Writers : Greece and Rome. [Ref 880.09 A541] 2 vols.
- Atlas of the Classical World. [Ref 911.38 H615a 1959]
- Atlas of the Greek and Roman World in Antiquity. [Folio 912.38 A881]
- Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World. [Folio 912.38 B278]
- Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World : Map-By-Map Directory. [Ref 912.38 B276T] Also available on software stored in the AV closet.
- Crowell's Handbook of Classical Drama. [Ref 880.092 H364c]
- Crowell's Handbook of Classical Literature. [880.3 F293c]
- Greek and Latin Authors, 800 B.C.-A.D. 1000. [Ref 880.3 G762g]
- The Oxford Book of Classical Verse in Translation. [Ref 881.08 O98]
- The Oxford Classical Dictionary. 3rd ed. [Ref 913.38 O98 Ed.4 2012]
- The Oxford Companion to Classical Literature. 2nd ed. [Ref 880.3 H853o2]