Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and AV Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our cataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try some of the other catalogs listed to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing o the first pages.
- The database will do automatic truncation, both left and right, so truncation symbols are not needed. E.g., typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make the search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
General Health Reference Resources
- Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary, 31st ed. (2007) [Ref 610.3 D711a Ed.31] CD-ROM with clip art stored in the AV closet. Also available online.
- The Encyclopedia of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. [Ref 615.5 N321e 2004]
- Encyclopedia of Women's Health [Ref 613.042 E56L 2004] Also available online.
- The Encyclopedia of Women's Health. 6th ed. [Ref 613.042 A518e6 2009]
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. [Ref 616.03 G152 1999] 5 vols.
- Magill's Medical Guide. 4th rev ed. [Ref. 610.3 M194 2008] 5 vols. and also available online.
- Melloni's Illustrated Dictionary of Medical Abbreviations. [Ref 610.14 M527m 1998]
- Melloni's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. 4th ed. [Ref 610.3 M5274 2002]
- Men's Health and Wellness Encyclopedia. [Ref 613.0423 I56m 1998]
- Merck Manual of Medical Information. Home ed. [615.02 M555H 1997] Also available online.
- Oxford Illustrated Companion to Medicine. 3rd ed. [Ref 610.3 O983 2001]
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing. 5th ed. [Ref 610.3 S812s5 2005]
- World of Health. [610 W927 2000]
, Area Studies
, Computer Science
, Criminology/Crime and Justice
, Digital Media
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Studies
, Family Studies
, Finance & Investing
, First Year Seminars
, International Relations
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Political Science