Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and AV Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our cataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try some of the other catalogs listed to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing o the first pages.
- The database will do automatic truncation, both left and right, so truncation symbols are not needed. E.g., typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make the search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
Relevant Print Resources
Finding Reference Resources
Reference sources provide solid background information on a topic or provide quick and easy access to sources with factual information. You will want to consult them when you either need good background on a topic (e.g., an encyclopedia article) or to find a quick fact or definition (e.g., dictionary or almanac).
- AIP/Physics Desk Reference. 3rd ed. [Ref 530 A1113 2003]
- Encyclopedia of Physics. [Ref 530.03 R813e 2004]
- Encyclopedia of Physics. 3rd completely rev. and enl. ed. [Ref 530.03 L616e3 2005] 2 vols.
- Eric Weisstein's World of Physics, bibliographies and definitions with hypertext.
- Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, summary of the mathematical functions in physical and engineering problems. (On campus use only)
- International Critical Tables of Numerical Data, Physics, Chemistry and Technology, 7 vols. and index to data on physical, thermodynamic, mechanical and other key properties. (On campus use only)
- Knovel Critical Tables, properties for commonly used chemical compounds. (On campus use only)
- NIST Physical Reference Data, includes Elemental Data Index complete with tables.
- Oxford Dictionary of Physics. 6th ed. [Ref 530.3 D554O6 2009]
- The Penguin Dictionary of Physics. 4th ed., e-book from Credo Reference (2009)
- Physics Quick Reference Guide. [530 C678p 1996]
, Area Studies
, Computer Science
, Criminology/Crime and Justice
, Digital Media
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Studies
, Family Studies
, Finance & Investing
, First Year Seminars
, International Relations
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Political Science