Skip to main content

Bollman Center: Home

Connecting the Past with the Present

 

 

The Bollman Physical Education Building was named for George C. Bollman, and the building was completed in 1952. He graduated from Schuylkill Seminary in 1921 and was active in football, basketball, baseball, and track. Bollman was the president of the Geo. W. Bollman & Co, Inc., a hat manufacturer in Adamstown.

The building was first called the Physical Education Building and had 3 main sections: (1) large gymnasium, (2) swimming pool, and (3) field house. It was dedicated on October 18, 1952.

On November 20, 1970, Bollman was honored with the building being named for him.