Skip to main content

Freedman Gallery: Home

Connecting the Past with the Present

 

 

Albright College opened the Freedman Gallery on November 1, 1976. It was named in honor of Doris (Chanin) Freedman, Class of 1950. It was she who had established this museum of modern art. Prior efforts to establish an art program, and the founding of an art gallery were made by Prof. Harry Koursaros, but he passed away before the work could be done.  The first exhibit of the art gallery was "Perspectives 1976." The dedication of the gallery was held on October 31.