Skip to main content

Merner-Pfeiffer-Klein Memorial Chapel: Home

Connecting the Past with the Present

 

 

The cornerstone was laid in 1959 and the Merner-Pfeffer-Klein Chapel-Auditorium was completed in 1960, and was named for donors, Henry Pfeiffer and Annie Merner, and President J. Warren Klein who solicited Merner-Pfeiffer. In 1961 Mr. and Mrs. Frank Trautwein donated funds to purchase a carillon. In 1966 the chapel received a new organ, donated by William Maier (Class of 1931) to honor his parents.

During a storm in January 2006 the steeple was knocked off its foundation and fell to the ground, and by April it was put back in place.

The religion and philosophy departments and the Office of the Chaplain are located in the building.