Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Connecting the Past with the Present
Another prime goal of Special Collections is to collaborate with faculty and having students use primary sources. Past assignments have included;
- FYS students writing a short paper and conducting a class presentation on some aspect of college history, how the college works, or the functioning of a program.
- Communications students writing a feature article about the college's past.
- History Senior Seminar students learning about research in an archives and using primary sources.
- Religious Studies students learning how archives function and what can be found; also what are primary sources.
- Sociology students examining a collection of marriage certificates and wedding photographs.
- Students have also used the collections to write Senior honors papers.
The Special Collections Librarian looks forward to meeting with faculty in exploring the possibilities, and tailoring instruction and assignments for your class.
Phone: (610) 921-7216