Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and AV Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our cataLION (Online Public Access Catalog).
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try some of the other catalogs listed to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
cataLION search tips:
- The cataLION online catalog searches like Google. It tries to match as many of your terms as possible with the best matches appearing o the first pages.
- The database will do automatic truncation, both left and right, so truncation symbols are not needed. E.g., typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- The database is searchable by title, author, subject or keyword options. When searching by keyword mode only input the keywords and ignore the prepositions, articles, etc to make the search more efficient.
- To do a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
Reference sources provide solid background information on a topic or provide a quick and easy access to sources with factual information. You will want to consult them when you either want to get a good background on a topic (e.g., an encyclopedia entry) or to find a quick fact or definition (e.g., dictionary or almanac). The reference sources listed here may be in print or online format. Online database sources with a double asterisk, must be logged into as a remote user -- see instructions below.
REMOTE USERS NOTE: Students, faculty and staff accessing any starred databases from home or off site must log into the remote list of databases. You will need a current college ID card with a library barcode to obtain access. Anyone with problems accessing these databases should call 610-921-7211 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- The Blackwell Encyclopedic Dictionary of Finance [Ref 332.03 B632, 1998]
- Business Research Sources: a Reference [Ref 330 B985b 1999 at the Reference Desk]
- Dictionary of Business [Ref 650.03 C699d3 2001]
- Dictionary of Business Terms [ref 650.3 S245a 2009]
- Encyclopedia of Business [Ref 650.103 E562 2000]
- Ibbotson's Socks, Bonds, Bills and Inflation Yearbook [Ref 332.63 S865V 2002]
- Industry Norms and Key Business Ratios [Ref 657.3 D897 -- usually on reserve]
, Area Studies
, Computer Science
, Criminology/Crime and Justice
, Digital Media
, Earth Sciences
, Environmental Studies
, Family Studies
, Finance & Investing
, First Year Seminars
, International Relations
, Latin American & Caribbean Studies
, Political Science