Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
There are many Internet gateways and high quality resources that provide high quality general business information. Some of the ones we recommend are:
- Bloomberg.com, a gateway for business and financial information
- bplans.com for business plan examples
- infoplease_Almanac_Business and Finance A broad collection of business and economic information including the US Economy, federal budget, poverty, income, labor, employment, U.S. companies, the stock market, foreign trade and more. ALMANAC is a KEY word.
- Free Management Library The Library provides free, easy-to-access, online articles to develop yourself, other individuals, groups and organizations (whether the organization is for-profit or nonprofit). Over the past 15 years, the Library has grown to be one of the world's largest well-organized collections of these types of articles and resources.
- US Census Bureau, source of much demographic information\ See also data.census.gov
Google's advanced search allows you to search by domain name (on bottom line of the advanced search form).
Entering .edu or .gov into this line will only return results from educational or US government sites, which tend to contain more reliable scholarly or factual information. You will still have to evaluate the sites for authority, accuracy, currency, and objectivity.