Ask yourself some of the following questions. Your answers can help you determine the best resources to use to get the most useful and relevant material.
- Is the topic historic or current or both?
- What is the basic subject area of the topic, e.g.,
- Where might I find the most relevant information?
- news stories
- Who is a stakeholder in this topic?
Follow these basic steps to develop a concise research strategy:
- Create research question -- Has the ethics of whistleblowing changed since the Enron scandal (2001)
- Select the concepts -- ethics, whistleblowing, Enron
- Pick the keywords for the concepts -- ethics, ethical, moral, morals, whistleblowers, whistleblowing, Enron
- Select appropriate resources
- Evaluate your retrieval to be sure you items are appropriate and adjust your search as necessary.