Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books and Av Materials
To find books and AV materials at Albright, check our Online Public Access Catalog.
If you cannot locate what you need in the OPAC, try these other catalogs to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
- Searching cataLION is more like Google, with the best matches appearing on the first pages.
- For a simple search use title words, an author's name, or keywords describing your topic.
- "Less is More!" Avoid using "a" "an" & "the"
- cataLION automatically truncates both left and right. Example: typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- Log into your cataLION account to place holds, create lists of books, see what you have checked out and if you owe any fines.
- Use the cataLION advanced search to limit your results to particular types of materials.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
Reference sources provide solid background information on a topic or provide a quick and easy access to sources with factual information. You will want to consult them when you either want to get a good background on a topic (e.g., an encyclopedia entry) or to find a quick fact or definition (e.g., dictionary or almanac).
Selected Philosophy Resources
- Encyclopedia of Aesthetics 111.85 E56 1994 4 vols.]
- Encyclopedia of Applied Ethics [Ref 170.3 E56 1998]
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics [Ref 174.2 E56R 2004, 5 vols]
- Encyclopedia of Ethical, Legal, and Policy Issues in Biotechnology [Ref 174.96 M984e, 2vols 2000]
- Encyclopedia of Ethics [Ref 170.3 E562, 2001, 3 vols]
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy [Ref 103 E56 2006, 10 vols]
- Oxford Companion to Philosophy [Ref 103 O96 2005 Electronic resource]
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy [Ref 103 R869 1998 10 vols.]
- World Philosophers and Their Works [Ref 109 W927 2000 3 vols]