Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
cataLION Search Tips
- Searching cataLION is more like Google, with the best matches appearing on the first pages.
- For a simple search use title words, an author's name, or keywords describing your topic.
- "Less is More!" Avoid using "a" "an" & "the"
- cataLION automatically truncates both left and right. Example: typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- Log into your cataLION account to place holds, create lists of books, see what you have checked out and if you owe any fines.
- Use the cataLION advanced search to limit your results to particular types of materials.
How are our books organized?
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
The Library has a NEW online catalog...
and it's called cataLION.
In addition to providing a system that is more web/mobile-friendly, with new features patrons can:
- Navigate with an intuitive and user-friendly graphical user interface
- Manage your Library account online: place holdss and renew library materials
- Receive automated due date notices via email
Finding Books and DVDs
Scope: Searching for and checking out book and DVD materials owned by Albright. Locating materials not owned by Albright and requesting them via interlibrary loan.
Video: Finding Books and DVDs (8:41)
If you cannot locate what you need in the cataLION, try these other catalogs to find materials in other libraries, which can be interlibrary loaned.
Another source for locating books is a database called WorldCat. This is a catalog for thousands of libraries. Use this if you cannot find enough books at Albright. [Probably not necessary for this class].
Library staff will do everything possible to get your materials to you in a timely fashion. Click the Getting Your Materials tab above for instructions.
Find Library Resources with LION OneSearch