Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
cataLION Search Tips
- Searching cataLION is more like Google, with the best matches appearing on the first pages.
- For a simple search use title words, an author's name, or keywords describing your topic.
- "Less is More!" Avoid using "a" "an" & "the"
- cataLION automatically truncates both left and right. Example: typing in rain will find both rainfall and brain.
- Log into your cataLION account to place holds, create lists of books, see what you have checked out and if you owe any fines.
- Use the cataLION advanced search to limit your results to particular types of materials.
To find a book or AV material, enter your search here:
- To perform a more comprehensive search, use the cataLION advanced search option.
- Log in to be able to see what you checked out, place holds and create saved lists.
The Library has an online catalog...
and it's called cataLION.
In addition to providing a system that is more web/mobile-friendly, with new features patrons can:
- Navigate with an intuitive and user-friendly graphical user interface
- Manage your Library account online: place holdss and renew library materials
- Receive automated due date notices via email
Dewey Decimal Numbers
The Gingrich Library collection is classified using the Dewey decimal system (DDS). DDS keeps booked grouped together but subject. It keeps like with like. Here is a handy chart provided by the Allegheny College Library that lists the DDS subject areas.